Bayless Secondary Library is now offering
How to Access SORA:
Add St. Louis County Library to your Sora account!
How to Use Sora:
- Browse the Explore tab to find and borrow a book. Your book will open so you can start reading right away
- The Home tab is where you’ll see your assigned books, your current loans, your defined words, your notes and highlights, and recommended books.
- The Shelf tab shows current loans, titles you’ve placed on hold, any tags you’ve added to titles, and your history
- The Me tab shows your individual activity in Sora, such as reading statistics and achievement badges you’ve earned. This information is kept private.
- The Main Menu in Sora is where you can add the St. Louis County Library’s digital collection, and where you can adjust Sora settings, get Help, or sign out of Sora.
- Audiobooks are displayed with a headphones icon.
- Read-alongs are books that are read aloud for you as you follow along.
- To bookmark your page, tap the top right corner.
- Hit the back button to close the book.
- Inside a title, tap and hold to define words.
- Tap, hold, and drag to leave highlights and notes that stay with your account even after the book has expired.
- Tab Open Book to begin reading
- Tap Options to renew or return the book, get to your notes and highlights, and more.
- When you borrow a title in Sora, it automatically begins downloading, as long as you’re connected to the internet and it's supported by your device. Once a title has been downloaded, you can then read or listen offline
- You can check to see whether a title has downloaded on the Shelf tab. There, you will see a green checkmark for every title that’s been successfully downloaded. Titles that are still in the process of downloading will show a green circle filling in, like a pie chart.
Returning & Renewing:
- Sora books are automatically returned on their due date. No worries!
- If you would like to return a title early, choose Options, tap on Return and then confirm!
You will also see an option to renew a title if it’s due in three days or less and if it’s not on hold for someone else. If it’s on hold for someone else, you’ll be prompted to add yourself to the holds list.
Contact us at - firstname.lastname@example.org or
Try this tutorial:Get ting Started with Sora